Doctor insights on:
What Does Passing A Stone Feel Like
Flank pain & colic.: Passing a kidney stone is usually painful, and his been famously compared to childbirth. There is commonly flank pain radiating to the groin, occasionally with nausea and vomiting. Pain occurs usually if the progress of the stone is held up, and the ureter squeezes against the obstruction. If the size & orientation of the kidney stone are favorable, is may pass without much difficulty. ...Read more
Severe flank pain: Lucky if only moderately painful, sharp, stabbing & can be continuous, can be agonizing. Women who have given birth & had kidney stones report that kidney stone pain is worse. Pain can radiate round from back & into groin. ...Read more
Here are some ...: While a kidney stone passing and reaching the very end of the ureter, the patient may alter how s/he urinates and thereby feel some degree of urinary hesitancy. Besides, superimposed infection with cystitis may induce urinary urgency and frequency. Otherwise, kidney stone alone will not affect how you urinate. More? Ask Urologist timely in detail. ...Read more
Yes: During the time of and shortly after passing a urinary stone, blood is commonly found in the urine. The stone is an accumulation of crystals/salts that are sharp on the edges and cause minor tears/cuts tp the inner lining of the urinary system/tubes (such as the urethra). The lining generally reproduces quickly and so it recovers quickly if the tearing of the surface is minor. ...Read more
Should I be able to pass a6.3 stone on my own and is there anything besides water that will help flush it out?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does passing a kidney stone look like?
- What does passing a gallstone feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does it feel like to have a kidney stone?
- Kidney infections and kidney stones
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone?
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like?