Doctor insights on:
What Does Passing A Kidney Stone Feel Like
Experienced my 2nd kidney stone yesterday. How can I prevent passing another? I'm 26 years old, and yesterday i passed a kidney stone. This was my second experience with a kidney stone, as i also passed one about 15-months ago. As anybody that has experie
Diet modification: You can have your urine analyzed for kidney stone risk factors. My usual recommendations are 1) increase plain water to at least 2 liters a day 2) decrease sodium intake 3) decrease animal protein intake 4) add a teaspoon of real lemon juice to diet daily. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Flank pain & colic.: Passing a kidney stone is usually painful, and his been famously compared to childbirth. There is commonly flank pain radiating to the groin, occasionally with nausea and vomiting. Pain occurs usually if the progress of the stone is held up, and the ureter squeezes against the obstruction. If the size & orientation of the kidney stone are favorable, is may pass without much difficulty. ...Read more
Flank pain: Usually flank pain on one side, blood in the urine, and occasionally some nausea and difficulty peeing. People who have never had a kidney stone should get checked out by their doctor to make sure the diagnosis is correct. People who have these regularly usually recognize them and know what to do. Anyone with fevers, extreme pain, or symptoms that last longer than a day or two should see a doc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like for a woman?
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone in men?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it feel like to pass a kidney stone for a woman?
- What does it feel like to have a kidney stone?
- What does a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does passing a stone feel like?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free