Doctor insights on:
What Does No Q Wave Mean
ECG finding: Inferior q waves on ECG indicate possible prior inferior wall myocardial infarction (heart attack). To be significant, the q wave must be at least 25% or more in amplitude compared to following r wave, and be 1 mm wide. If it does not meet these criteria, it is a "borderline" q wave, and is less likely to indicate a prior heart attack. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
26 w/ chest pain. Was tachy, inferior q wave noted, nonspecific st and t wave abnormality noted. Possible lateral infarct. What does this mean?
My dad had a MI 3mths later on ECG the report said inferolateral st sagging and 'surprisingly no q wave' what does this mean?
What does isolated narrow Q wave in lead 3 mean, flat t waves across all leads, mild sigmoid septal bulge. Does this all relate to hole in heart
Non specific finding: The findings you describe sound non-specific, and may occur for multiple reasons. The ekg does not usually diagnose a hole in the heart, but it can give information about how the heart is responding if the hole is causing additional stress on the heart function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart Damage: A "q wave" is seen on an electrocardiogram (ekg) several of which are recorded during a stress test. Q waves may be very small and not carry much significance or may be larger and suggest that heart damage by a heart attack has occured at some point in time. Further testing and imaging of the heart may be required to determine if the q wave is significant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a q wave mean on an ekg?
- What does a wide q wave mean on ekg?
- What does a q wave on a stress test represent?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ekg inverted t wave what does it mean
- What does an inverted p wave mean?
- What does an abnormal t wave mean?
- What does it mean when your t waves are flipped on an ecg?
- Talk to a cardiologist online