Doctor insights on:
What Does Nausea And Vomiting Following A Colectomy Indicate
Find cause of N & V.: Fibromyalgia is a syndrome of generalized pain and weakness in numerous parts of body. It is called a syndrome because one can not find any objective evidence of a problem. One mistake the pt and doc make is that once a person is labelled as having "fibromyalgia", there is a trap other sx are part of the syndrome: n & v is not. Doc needs to look for true cause, then rx will become clear. ...Read more
Yes: They could be symptoms of either.Get a more detailed answer ›
It's a toxin: The brain has an area that triggers nausea and vomiting if something toxic gets in the body. This is what prevented early humans from dying after eating poisonous berries! chemotherapy triggers the same area of the brain, and the body tries to protect itself by vomiting. New anti-nausea drugs are so effective because they target the "vomit center" in the brain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Appendicitis can start with mild pain around the belly button. The pain worsens over time. It can become sharp with loss of appetite. Nausea, vomiting & fever are possible. The pain usually moves toward the right lower quadrant of abdomen. Bouncing or jolting will often make the pain worse. Appendicitis can have varying presentations. If you have severe abdominal pain it is best to go to er. ...Read more
N and V: If you are not pregnant, then persistent nausea and vomiting is a worrisome symptom that calls for an evaluation by your physician. Gastritis,peptic ulcer, gall bladder or liver disease are possibilities. Less likely would be reaction to medications or a toxic substance. Don't delay. See your Physician as soon as possible. Don't allow yourself to become dangerously ill. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does green vomit indicate?
- What would nausea without vomiting and excessive sleepiness indicate?
- Treatment of proctitis following colectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does knee pain following rest indicate arthritis in a 20 year old?
- What does petechiae indicate?
- What does a subnormal temperature indicate?
- What does protein in the urine indicate?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free