Doctor insights on:
What Does Low Iron Cause
I hit my hand, and now my 4 fingers are swollen, and bruised. What is the cause? Does low iron cause this?
Hurt, not iron: If you hit your hand hard enough to cause bleeding inside, the blood will follow gravity and so will the bruise. Fingers may swell also. Not related to iron levels. Elevate your hand, wrap it with ace and wrap fingers with Coban if needed. Don't use ice or NSAID's. Apply cream or jell with Arnica in it. Give it a couple weeks to heal. www.blatmanhealthandwellness.com ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many causes.: Menstruation, gastrointestinal blood loss, and lack of iron intake are the most common causes. However, I have seen female collegiate basketball players iron deficienct secondary to extreme persiration (yes you lose some iron in in sweat). Both male and female runners (usually long distance) can experience foot strike hemolysis, thereby urinating excess iron. Many more. ...Read more
I recently had blood work done and my iron was low (37). Everything else is normal. Should i be concerned? What could cause it to be low?
Possibly: Iron deficiency can cause weakness and fatigue, which can feel like body aches. Other symptoms can be pale skin, dizziness, decreased exercise tolerance and irritability. If you think this describes how you're feeling you can see your physician and they will run blood work to check for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a low iron saturation level mean?
- Does low iron cause acne?
- What does it mean when my iron saturation levels are low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when iron saturation is low?
- Does low iron cause high blood pressure?
- What causes low iron levels in men?
- What causes low iron in men?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free