Doctor insights on:
What Does Laser Therapy Do In Arthritis And Spondylosis
Release...: Laser therapy for things like arthritis/spondylosis of the spine is an alternative to traditional surgical methods whereby the arthritis is "cleaned out" by a laser rather than a typical surgical instrument. Laser therapy procedures supposedly have better recovery rates; and less complications...But this is operator dependent. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Cold laser therapy: An article published in the lancet reports that low-level laser therapy (lllt) reduces pain after treatment for non-specific neck pain. The article is the work of dr roberta chow, brain and mind research institute, university of sydney. He concluded lllt reduces pain immediately after treatment in acute neck pain and up to 22 weeks after completion of treatment in patients with chronic neck pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Two general types: Lasers are used to treat certain medical conditions: ie, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy. The laser used heats the target tissues. Lasers are often used to remove a clouded membrane that can form after cataract surgery. Most people hear about laser vision correction, eg lasik, in which a cold laser is used to reshape the front of the eye (cornea) to minimize the need for glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can beauty therapy do for an arthritis patient?
- What does resveratrol do for rheumatoid arthritis?
- What do you recommend for cervical spondylosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does low level laser therapy work?
- Does magnetic therapy work for arthritis?
- Does microcurrent therapy work on arthritis?
- What does folic acid do for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free