Doctor insights on:
What Does L Tyrosine Do In Thyroid
No: No. Sorry. L-tyrosine, the amino acid the thyroid clans uses to make thyroid hormone, is not in limiting supply. If your thyroid needs "healing", I'm guessing you mean you're hypothyroid. No treatment we have in medicine will heal hypothyroidism. We treat hypothyroidism with thyroid hormone replacement...cheap, easy, & perfect! To your health! ...Read more
With hypothyroidism, does l-tyrosine raise or lower thyroid levels if your at a stable level?(on synthroid) I want to use it for mood support.Thanks
If I have depression and I have no thyroid problems, I can take the amino acid L-tyrosine to burn fat and have a better mood?
Yes but rare: L- tyrosine is an amino acid(building blocks of protein), that is not considered essential because the body can make it from other Amino Acids like phenylalanine. It is part of the production chain of many neurotransmiter (substances that transmit the message from nerve cell) and also important in the production of melanin which gives us our. Od rarely reported but should not be taken in large am. ...Read more
Different: 5htp is a precursor of serotonin, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. L-tyrosine is a precursor of the dopaminergic neurotransmitters Epinephrine and norepinephrine, which are stimulatory neurotransmitters. Although both 5htp and l-tyrosine may act as anti-depressants, they act in completely different ways. 5htp is best taken at bedtime; l-tyrosine should be taken in the am or during the day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- L tyrosine for thyroid disease
- L tyrosine for an overactive thyroid
- How to take l tyrosine for thyroid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the benefits of l lysine l tyrosine?
- What is the difference in l lysine l tyrosine?
- L tyrosine how much to take for thyroid
- Can l tyrosine restore thyroid function?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free