Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Your White Cells Are High
High white cell?: Low IgM per se is unlikely to be of major clinical importance but a persistently high WBC requires further evaluation by a hematologist in the absence of an acute or chronic infection. On the other hand, a transiently elevated WBC (no more than a week duration) is likely from an acute infection be it viral or bacterial. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What does it mean if my white cells are low and my liver enzymes are high. I have had hep c for 14 yrs?
It could be infectio: Infections are a common cause of high white blood cell count. White cells in the urine may be due to infection in the urinary tract but sometimes it is simply due to contamination of the urine...So the urince sample needs to be collected cleanly and carefully to avoid contamination. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Cytosis: Erythrocytosis and leukocytosis mean elevation of the rbc and WBC counts respectively above the reference values of the lab. Slight increase could be physiologic reactions but usually when leukocytosis is accompanied by fever, it signifies infection. In your body. Elevation of rbc or WBC with many persistent abnormal young forms could mean early dysplasia or leukemia. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
May not be an issue!: While it is true that certain connective tissue disease like sjogren's and lupus can cause this, along with viral infections, it is quite common to see a statistically low white count. The most important thing is to determine if your neutrophil count and lymphocyte count are within normal range. But the way, high thyroid levels can also lower white count! best! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Depends on cause: High white cells is not a disease but an abnormal blood test.So we can not describe symptoms of elevated white cells.White cells are high with several bacterial infections in different parts of body, like pneumonia, appendicitis and other infections like that.White cells also can be high in certain leukemias etc.The symptoms are all related to the underlying conditions and too numerous to list here. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your vagina has a lot of white cells?
- What does it mean when your kidney levels are high?
- What does it mean when your liver enzymes are high?
- What does it mean when your white blood count and red blood count is high?
- What does it mean when your muscle enzymes are high?
- What does it mean when your estrogen levels are high?
- What does it mean when your white blood count and tsh is high?
- What does it mean when your blood platelets are high?
- What does it mean when your hormones are high?