Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Your Tongue Is Orange
Not sure: Assuming you haven' t been eating lots of orange popsicles, it could be overgrowith of a yeast or bacteria, especially if associated with bad breath or burning sensation. Try some live culture yogurt daily for a week or so. If it persists or if it is associated with severe symptoms, have it checked out. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many things: It could meany things. Eating , drinking certain foods. Some medications . Bacterial, fungal infections. Acid reflux. Not cleaning your tongue regularly. Usually this is not a serious thing. Try cleaning your tongue and watch the things you eat and this should take care of the orange tongue. If you generally feel ill or if it persists then see your dentist or doctor. ...Read more
Colored tongue: Without the ability to see your tongue and examine you the best thing to do would be to show it to your dentist. This may be due to superficial bacterial or fungal overgrowth. You might try using your toothbrush twice a day on the surface of the tongue and see if that helps. Good luck. ...Read more
Probably Not Related: Did you drink or eat something orange? ...Read more
Something ingested: It most likely something that you have ingested - either a drink or food. Try brushing your tongue and get a tongue scraper (you can pick them up at any cvs, target, etc.) and see if that takes it off. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if your tongue is yellow or orange?
- What does it mean when your blood is orange?
- What does it mean when your urine is orange?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your tongue burns?
- What does it mean when your tongue is dry?
- What does it mean when your period blood is orange?
- What does it mean when your urine is dark orange?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online