Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Your Eyes Have A Yellowish Color
Scleral icterus: Yellowing of eye/skin is called jaundice because of the elevation of a substance called bilirubin. When your blood cells breakdown, some bilirubin is formed, but the liver is able to break it down..In case when liver can't, bilirubin increases and deposits everywhere, including eyes/skin, hence yellowing. It is a sign of liver/gallbladder problem and consult with doc is recommended.. Good luck.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it new?: For some folks, this is natural. If it is new, and most easily seen in sunlight, it's likely to be jaundice. This in turn can be caused by something as simple as someone with gilbert's trait missing two meals, or running a triathlon. Or it can be serious. If it persists x 2 weeks or other symptoms pop up, a physician's office visit is in order. ...Read more
Acute jaundice: Jaundice is usually due to deposition of bilirubin in the whites of the eyes. Bilirubin is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, which is found in red blood cells. It is usually cleared in the body by the liver, and jaundice of the whites of the eyes is often the first sign of a liver problem. If you have this symptom, you should see your doctor. Good luck. ...Read more
Yellow eyes: This may be associated with a liver abnormality. Please see your doc asap. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when you have a yellowish discharge?
- What does it mean when semin is yellowish?
- What does it mean when your eyes are yellow?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when i have crust in my eyes?
- What does it mean when babies have crust in their eyes?
- What does mean when your eyes turn yellow?
- When your eyes turn yellow what does it mean
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free