Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When You Have A Wheezing In Your Chest When You Sleep
Every time I lay down to sleep my chest gets tighter but no wheezing but struggle to breath but I can't sleep sitting up due to chronic back pain what else can I do as it's keeping me up every night?
My boyfriend was laying down w/ my head on his chest and I could hear wheezing. What does it mean?
Possibilities...: There is a good saying in medicine that says "all that wheezes is not asthma". There is a long list of medical conditions that can cause wheezing including smoking, viral illness, airway obstruction by mucous or a foreign body, heart failure etc. If the problem continues i would encourage you to seek medical attention promptly. ...Read more
Hello I am 18 years old and I do smoke, what does it mean when I have phlegm in my throat, a tight chest, and I am wheezing. What should I do to help?
Infection or asthma: The first thing it means is that you should stop smoking. Your symptoms sound as if your lungs are in trouble possibly from asthma possibly from an infection and the smoking will only make things worse. You need to find a doctor and have him or her listen to your lungs because if you do have asthma and you leave it untreated it can be very serious. Once again, you should never smoke again. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Narrow airway: All wheezing means is that one's airway is narrowed - think about a hose that one steps on when the water if flowing. One's physician should be able to understand why wheezing-, the narrowed airway, is occurring. Some reasons can be relatively benign others may be much more serious. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Take a seat: Truly, there is nothing available over-the-counter for wheezing...And rightly so. Bronchodilators like albuterol are the medication that give your immediate relief of wheezing but overuse can lead to deadly outcomes. Your personal doctor is prepared to evaluate & treat wheezing. Sometimes your doctor will enlist the assistance of an allergist or pulmonologist. Please make an appointment to see one. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when you have chest pains when your running?
- What does it mean when you wheeze?
- What does it mean when you have extreme chest pains and your pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you have a severe cough and chest pains?
- What does it mean when you wake up and your chest hurts?
- What does it mean if you get a rash on your chest when you exercise?
- What does it mean when you have random nosebleeds in my sleep?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free