Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When You Have A Light Brown Discharge
That is likely: Blood mixed in with your vaginal secretions. Brown is often older blood. However if you develop discharge that has an odor, causes redness, swelling, itching or pain - please get medically evaluated. ...Read more
Discharge can be a noun or a verb; it has multiple meanings in physics, chemistry, military, and legal usage. The most common medical meaning is a substance that is being excreted. Examples: pus is the discharge from a pimple; a vaginal discharge can mean infection; an ear discharge can mean an infection of the outer ear tract; a nasal discharge ...Read more
Not much : It just means that you had some leftover blood in the back of the vagina that is now coming out after you finished your period. Brown just indicates old blood which has been sitting at the back of the vagina for awhile. ...Read more
Reddish brown : Discharge may be older, deoxygenated blood. However if you develop discharge that has an odor, causes redness, swelling, itching or pain - please seek medical evaluation. ...Read more
Brown discharge: Brown discharge often contains older, deoxygenated blood. It could be break through bleeding and may be related to hormone imbalances. If you have a change in color, texture, odor or amount of vaginal discharge ; problems such as pain, itching burning with urination or sex or redness/swelling then it is best to see your gynecologist for evaluation ; accurate assessment. ...Read more
Brown discharge: May be older, deoxygenated blood. However if you develop discharge that has an odor, causes redness, swelling, itching or pain - please seek medical evaluation. ...Read more
Blood clot: You are probably seeing a clot which has a brownish surface but when you break the discharge, the inner part is brighter red blood. Make sure this is not related to your period or early pregnancy because otherwise, you need further questioning and examination by your doctor. ...Read more
Can't diagnose: But would recommend medical evaluation to rule out an infection. ...Read more
Not to fret.: This is normally just older, deoxygenated blood. ...Read more
Nothing: It's the residual bloodGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if you have a light brown discharge while pregnant?
- What does it mean if you have light brown thick discharge?
- What does it mean when your pregnant and you have light brown with discharge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you have light pink discharge?
- When you have a brown discharge what does that mean
- What does it mean when you have brown thick discharge?
- What does it mean when you have a brown discharge?
- What does light brown discharge mean when you are pregnant?