Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When You Get A Nasty Smell From The Vagina
Bacterial Vaginosis: A healthy vagina has special bacteria called "lactobacillus". They produce lactic acid. This prevents yeast and other types of bacteria from growing. If they get wiped out, other bacteria take over. These produce an odor. This is likely BV. You need an antibiotic to kill the bad bacteria and then need to restore the normal bacteria by eating yogurt (with live active cultures) or probiotics. ...Read more
No, a fish like odor: Is not a sign of pregnancy. If you have a change in color, texture, odor or amount of vaginal discharge ; problems such as pain, itching burning with urination or sex or redness/swelling then it is best to see your gynecologist for evaluation ; accurate assessment. ...Read more
Old blood: Brown discharge after a period is just old blood that has been sitting at the back of the vagina. Once blood degrades it turns brown and then black. The vaginal odor will need to be evaluated by examination. ...Read more
What does it mean if you have a bad sour smell and discharge coming from the vagina is there a cure?
Be seen: It could be an infection. Be checked and diagnosed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when you smell metal?
- What does it mean when you have sticky brown blood coming from your vagina?
- What does it mean when you have a fishy smell?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you get boils?
- What does it mean when my vagina burns?
- What does it mean when your vagina stings?
- What does it mean if you smell ammonia?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free