Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When You Cough Up Brown Mucus
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
No: May be blood in your mucous. Make appointment to see your Physician, and take in a sample of your brown fluids. ...Read more
When I wake up in the mornings I cough up a clear but kind of brown mucus with flaky brown stuff in it what could it be?
Need answers: Well, how much do you cough-up? When (more in the morning?)? What kind of cigarettes do you smoke? For how long have you smoked? Coughed? Is that light brown stuff ever red? Is the brown stuff in little spots or all smeared-up? Are you getting the impression I'm worried about your smoking? Besides that, it may just be irritation from air pollution, allergies, a mild cold or, oh yes, smoking. ...Read more
Smoke or broken bv: Several items can contribute to the brownness of your mucus in the am. If you are coughing, small broken blood vessels can leak a few red blood cells contributing to the discoloration but more often it can be related to smoking and or tobacco byproducts. If you are concerned a sample should be brought into your md for a culture and sensitivity test. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when you cough up green mucus?
- What does it mean when you cough up brown stuff?
- What does it mean when you cough up white mucus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you cough up brown flem?
- What does it mean when you cough up clear mucus?
- What does it mean when you cough up little balls?
- What does it mean when you cough up bloody mucous?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online