Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When You Cough Up Blood
YES drugs: Both tobacco and alcohol are drugs. Coughing up blood is always a serious symptom, and deserves urgent medical attention. It can be something relatively benign - like infection or bronchial inflammation, but can also be cancer or something else that is serious. See your doctor, who may want to do further testing (chest x-rays), examine the sputum in the laboratory, and/or refer you to specialist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Injury: Usually coughing up blood after a stab wound to the chest is related to injury to the bronchial (airway) tree. Other possibilities would include rupture to a vessel (there are many in the chest) or damage to the heart (although this usually causes much more severe symptoms and is typically not associated with coughing up blood. A chest xray is imperative if you cough blood up after wound. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibilities...: The most common etiology of hemoptysis, coughing blood, is bronchitis. But, malignancy, including in the throat, lung, etc., is another possibility. So, hemoptysis always requires a work-up to rule out malignancy. See your doctor if you are experiencing hemoptysis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've had a cough for about 3 days now pretty much none stop. I just coughed up blood. What does this mean?
Depend how much: If its a little bit in your phlegm then i would not worry about it. However if you are coughing up pure blood, then that is a sign of a serious disease. Many things can cause it, but most of them are bad. Tb, serious fungal infections, cancer, pulmonary embolism, arterial-venus malformation are a few. If you are coughing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when you cough up blood clots?
- What does it mean when you are coughing up blood?
- What does it mean when you cough up brown mucus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you cough up black mucus?
- What does it mean when you spit up blood with a sinus infection?
- What does it mean when you cough up little balls?
- What does it mean when you cough up green mucus?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online