Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Venous Insufficiency
Vein pooling: Veins return blood to the heart. Cvi occurs when there is reduced flow or pooling in leg veins, causing leg swelling, inflammation, & ulceration. The most common cause is when the one-way valves don't work well, leading to venous reflux, or back flow, with blood pooling in the veins. This can result from genetic predisposition, pregnancy, injuries or blood clots. See a vein specialist for help. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not sure: It is interesting that you receive that information. I am not aware of grade 3 venous insufficiency classification. Ther is a ceap classification. C3 corresponds to patients that have edema as a consequence of venous insufficiency, however gets a bit more complex when add the other components. Would be better for the general publc to refers as mild/moderate/severe. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What does a sharp pain/ice cold sensation on a leg with chronic venous insufficiency mean, that also gets worse upon touching?
Diagnosed with deep venous insufficiency-left leg.Spontaneous,,phasic,augmentable,compressible, REFLUX with val salva maneuver. What does this mean?
If you have venous insufficiency does that mean you are more likely to get blood clots ? Like a DVT ?
Yes: venous insufficiency means the blood does not keep moving in your veins towards the heart (veins have valves that prevent the blood from going backward). Clotting inside our blood vessels happens under 3 circumstances: 1) slow blood movement or velocity 2) abnormal blood composition like abnormal cell, toxins etc 3) roughened inner surface (called: intima) of the blood vessel like in people with a ...Read more
I was just diagnosed with mild venous insufficiency ( It started less than a week ago). Is there a general compression level that I can start with?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when ovarian insufficiency?
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- What does it mean when blood comes out your penis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your urine smells like fish?
- What does it mean when a girls nipples stay hard?
- What does it mean when your nipples hurt?
- What does it mean when your hair hurts at the roots?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free