Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Theres Green Crust On My Eye
Not typically: Many infants will have crusty eyes, especially in the morning, in the first 6-9 months. This is a condition known as dacryostenosis, or a narrow tear duct. Although antibiotics are often prescribed for dacryostenosis, they don't help long term. Signs of infection include fever, pain, bloodshot eyes, sensitivity to light, redness of the skin around the eye or drainage that is thick yellow/green. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly: There are many genes that influence eye color, and the green eye color is complex. Rather than the iris just being green, the color is from a combination of an amber or light brown pigmentation of the iris stroma with a low or moderate concentration of melanin, with the blue tone coming from scattering of reflected light (thus appearing green). You probably have some of the involved genes. ...Read more
Usually Blepharitis: Blepharitis or plugging up of oil producing glands of the eyelid which is stress related is extremely common these days. The stale oil is discharged at night and can form a crust on the eye lashes. Occasionally a lingering viral infection may keep a crust on the eyes. You should see an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
What to do if I have very green eyes, i was just curious what this could mean, if it was normal, or rare?
Eye color: Some people's irides have a mixture of browns and blues that cause their eyes to appear blue when they wear blue clothes and green when they wear green. ...Read more
Can happen with...: ...Infection, or narrowing of the tear duct (dacryostenosis) - your doctor can tell the difference. ...Read more
I have a 18m old , she has crusty green stuff in her eyes along with a runny nose,also green.Her eyes are not red like pink eye. What can I do for it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when a baby has crust in there eye?
- What does it mean when i have a headache on the left side of my head?
- What does it mean when i workout and have veins on my hands?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when my 16 month old baby is pooping green?
- What does it mean when i have crust in my eyes?
- What does it mean when an ice pack placed on my back stops the pain in my legs?
- What does it mean when my bottom lid of my eye is twitching?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free