Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When The Whites Of Your Eyes Are Yellow
What does it mean when the whites of your eyes are turning yellow and you are dizzy and tired with a low fever?
Liver disease: Yellow sclera (the whites of your eyes) is called icterus which is an eye-specific form of jaundice. Jaundice is a result of elevated bilirubin which is caused by either liver disease or blockage of the hepato-biliary system (gallbladder, common bile duct, liver, and hepatic ducts). There are many causes of this. You should get it checked out by your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Whats it mean when the whites of eyes are turning yellow, your clamey and really tired eyes turning yellow, clamey, no fever, and tired
Scleral icterus: Yellowing of eye/skin is called jaundice because of the elevation of a substance called bilirubin. When your blood cells breakdown, some bilirubin is formed, but the liver is able to break it down..In case when liver can't, bilirubin increases and deposits everywhere, including eyes/skin, hence yellowing. It is a sign of liver/gallbladder problem and consult with doc is recommended.. Good luck.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Acute jaundice: Jaundice is usually due to deposition of bilirubin in the whites of the eyes. Bilirubin is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, which is found in red blood cells. It is usually cleared in the body by the liver, and jaundice of the whites of the eyes is often the first sign of a liver problem. If you have this symptom, you should see your doctor. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of the whites of the eyes turning yellow
- What does it mean when your eyes are yellow?
- What does it mean when the whites of the eye are yellow?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does mean when your eyes turn yellow?
- When your eyes turn yellow what does it mean
- What does it mean when the bottom of your eyes are yellow?
- What does it mean if your eyes are yellow?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free