Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When The White Part Of The Eye Is Brown
Nothing: Just like skin; parts of your white (sclera) may be a little brownish due to excessive melanosis or nevi. This is more common in dark skinned races. All of the white part may turn yellowish but never brown. Yellowish may be due to liver disease or hereditary anemias. See your family doctor. ...Read more
What are some ways to remove eye nevus, conjuntival nevi, brown pigment on the white part of the eye?
See a specialist: First to determine if you have a nevus. Then ask them. They will know. ...Read more
My right eye became red and watery , the eye ball and top part of my head also hurts. Movement of the eye also causes pain. What could that mean?
usually well ; fast: The white part of the eyeball, or 'sclera, ' and is covered by a transparent mucous membrane, 'conjunctiva.' when there is a small injury to this area form scratching, it usually heals well and fast on it's own. If there is even a remote chance that the eye wall was penetrated or cut deep, then it is very important to get an ophthalmologist to examine the eye. It may be more serious than it seems. ...Read more
6days old baby with light yellowish on the white part of the eye and on skin...What to do? Is it normal?
What to do if I have a spot on the white part of my eyeball (unsure of the name for the white part of the eye) cont. Below?
Pinguecula: Sounds like a pinguecula, which is a deposit/build up on the white part of the eye (sclera) due to uv light and dryness of the eyes. You can use artificial tears, and use a cap and/or sunglasses when outdoors. Sometimes you do not notice them until there is inflammation causing a red background making the white spot(s) more noticeable. ...Read more
My daughter poked herself on her eye (i don't know what with ) she now has a red dot this is located on the white part of the eye ?
Broken blood vessel: It may have caused a broken blood vessel on the surface of the eye. These are similar to a bruise and will go away on their own. If there is a lot of tearing or irritation, she should see a doctor to make sure there isn't a scratch or infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a brown spot on my white part of the eye mean?
- What does it mean when you have yellow in the white of your eye?
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when the inside of your ear is itchy?
- What does it mean when the inside of my ear is always itchy?
- What does it mean when the bottom of the baby foot is purple?
- What does it mean when you have brown discharge near the end of pregnancy?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free