Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When The Thyroid Is Full
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when a thyroid nodule is solid?
- What does it mean when your thyroid is swollen?
- What does it mean when your stomach feels full?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when all thyroid levels are abnormal?
- What does it mean when t3 levels are high for thyroid?
- What does it mean when t3 levels are low on a thyroid test?
- What does a fullness in a chest x-ray mean?
- What does it mean when inflammation of the thyroid?