Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When The Cartilage In My Knee Is Swollen
Ok so my knee is swollen and painful and stiff and this has been going on for two weeks - had an ultrasound and X-ray which were normal what's next?
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
See a a doctor: You need to let a doctor check you. ...Read more
Water on knee: Sounds like you have fluid in your knee. It can be from an infection, injury, or arthritis. It should be evaluated asap by your doctor, an orthopedic surgeon, or go to the er. Bloodwork, xrays, and possibly an aspiration may be needed. You also have to worry about lyme disease which can be detected by a blood test. ...Read more
Went to step off a patio, thought it was a step down but there was no step it was about 3 ft. Now my knee is swollen and i can not walk without help.
How can I tell if my knee is swollen and what causes swollen knees? My knees feel like they have pressure and i feel a slight pain. Doesnt bother me.
I had a lateral release july 25th. Now the outside of my knee is swollen and hard. Is this normal? What would cause it?
Back of my knee is swollen can it be because I'm putting a lot of pressure on it because I'm on crutches if not what can it be, do i seek medical help?
My knee is swollen and painful after jumping up for a shot in basketball. It did not hurts but the second it started to hurt ?
Needs evaluation: A swollen knee in a 23 year old can be many things but is usually something significant. You should be evaluated by an orthopedist and you should have xrays. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when i have pain in the lower part of my pubic area?
- What does it mean when the inside of my ear is always itchy?
- What does it mean when you get the chills and lower back is in pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does thinning of the cartilage in my knee mean for my health?
- What does it mean when an ice pack placed on my back stops the pain in my legs?
- What does it mean when one of your testicles is much larger than the other?
- What does it mean when your right hand is swollen and numb?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free