Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When The Cartilage In My Knee Is Swollen
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
Water on knee: Sounds like you have fluid in your knee. It can be from an infection, injury, or arthritis. It should be evaluated asap by your doctor, an orthopedic surgeon, or go to the er. Bloodwork, xrays, and possibly an aspiration may be needed. You also have to worry about lyme disease which can be detected by a blood test. ...Read more
See a a doctor: You need to let a doctor check you. ...Read more
Masturbation: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Knee swelling: This is abnormal and means something is wrong with the joint. See a doctor for a workup. ...Read more
I had a lateral release july 25th. Now the outside of my knee is swollen and hard. Is this normal? What would cause it?
My knee is swollen and painful after jumping up for a shot in basketball. It did not hurts but the second it started to hurt ?
Needs evaluation: A swollen knee in a 23 year old can be many things but is usually something significant. You should be evaluated by an orthopedist and you should have xrays. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does thinning of the cartilage in my knee mean for my health?
- What does it mean when my knee hurts?
- What does thinning of knee cartilage mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if your knee is swollen?
- What does it mean when your neck is swollen?
- What does it mean when your glands are swollen?
- What does it mean when one leg is swollen?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free