Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Orchitis
Ultrasound first: First you have to diagnose the cause of orchitis. I would first order a trsticular ultrasound . If caused by hyrocoele or varicocoele, then can be surgically removed. If it is caused by testicular cancer, that would require removing the testes and radiation with sometimes estrogen hormone treatment. If ultrasound negative, it could be inhumanly hernia requiring surgery. Other cause is groin strain. ...Read more
Depends on cause: Mild cases sometimes resolve on own, but better to get checked and treated rather than prolong duration of painful symptoms. In boys may be due to mumps; in slightly older guys usually due to std that may also involve epididymis; later it can be bacterial std or a viral infection (or trauma). Antibiotics if bacterial; nsaids, support, cool compresses. ...Read more
Testicle Pain: Testicle discomfort usually comes from inflammation, not infection. Antibiotics are useful, but alone don't always help. I suspect you have prostatitis as the cause. Prostatitis can refer pain to the testicles, penis, groin and more. Increase water intake, reduce caffeine, begin nsaids (aleve) with food twice a day for two weeks. Hot soaks in a tub helps. F/u with md if not better in 7-10 days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when empyema?
- What does it mean when smallpox?
- What does it mean when dermatosclerosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when bronchopneumonia?
- What does it mean when neuroblastoma?
- What does it mean when arachnoiditis?
- What does it mean when shock?
- Talk to a urologist online for free