Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When One Eyelid Starts To Droopy
I took ecstasy ("molly"/pure mdma) last night, and the next morning I have one droopy eyelid. What could cause it?
Sympathatomimetic: Sympathetic nervous system innervates the levator palpabrie superioris muscle, which elevates the eyelids. Ecstasy is methylenedioxymethamphetamine and it stimulates the sympathatic nervous system (sns) but it can also cause neurotoxicity of the sns, resulting in damage of the sns. Since, sns elevates the eyelid muscle, it's damage will result in drooping of the eyelid. ...Read more
Last week I lost one of my contact lenses in vegas so I had to go a few days only wearing one contact in order to see. Now I HAVE a droopy eyelid?
Several options...: Ptosis can be aponeurotic (weakening of muscle attachment to eyelid- most common), myogenic (congenital, myasthenia gravis, opmd), neurogenic (oculomotor nerve injury or horner's syndrome), or mechanical (from mass on eyelid). Surgical correction depends on what type of ptosis you have. Options include: levator advancement, levator resection, mullerectomy, &fasanella-servat procedure (out-dated). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Insists on it : Allergy is not expected to cause one droopy eyelid. If you are 42 yo, why do you need to have your mom bring you to a doctor unless you are disabled? See a doctor soon to make sure that it is not a neurologic problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when one eye starts to droop?
- What does it mean if your eyelid starts to droup?
- What does it mean if one eyelid is dropping?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- One droopy eyelid causes
- What does it mean when your eyelid droops?
- What does it mean when cervex starts to open?
- What causes a droopy eyelid?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free