Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Not Enough Cells Are Gotten For A Pap Smear
Abnormal PAP: We do pap smears to screen for cervical cancer cells. The pap smear has helped us reduce cervical cancer to very small numbers. We think that cancer forms in stages over many years (about 10-15). The cells get progressively abnormal before they become cancerous and this is the opportunity that the pap smear gives us. Remove/kill the abnormal cells before cancer develops. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Endometrial cells: Within normal limits Pap smear result means that no cell lesions or malignancy have been found. Reactive cellular changes, cellular atrophy, and endometrial cells present are normal variables. Pap smears are an excellent tool, but are not perfect. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You need to followup: There are several categories of abnormal paps. Each category has a risk of finding a cervical precancer or (more rarely) a cancer associated with it. Your doctor may look at the cervix with a colposcope to get a magnified view of any abnormalities and may even take a small biopsy. It is important for you to contact your doctor about these abnormalities. ...Read more
What does it mean to have abnormal cells on your pap smear? I was told i had dysplasia cells? should i worry?
I have a result in pap smear which have remarks as "mostly intermediate cells, few superficial cells.Mild inflammatory background." What does it mean?
Nothing really: This is of no real concern. Your physician may want this information, but the key is that nothing worrisome was seen. ...Read more
I had a pap smear that came back with abnormal cells and had a colposcopy then had a pap smear with low grade cells. What does that mean?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does abnormal cells mean in a pap smear?
- What does atypical cells mean in a pap smear?
- What does it mean when pap smear is abnormal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does an irreuglar cells on a pap smear result mean?
- What does abnormal cells mean in a pap smear examination result?
- What does it mean if you have precancerous cells on your pap smear?
- What do abnormal cells in a pap smear mean?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free