Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When My Fingers Go Numb
Carpal tunnel: Most frequent is carpal tunnel where nerve is temporarily pinched at the wrist, but you can hit your "funny bone", and cause tingling and numbness due to the ulnar nerve at elbow. Monitor activity, and see if problems come from computer activities or leaning on elbow. If persistent symptoms, see your doc. ...Read more
Vessel spasm: Sound like raymaud's phenomenon. This is a temporary spasm of the artery which reduces blood flow to the finger. This can cause a bluish/purplish coloration and some finger numbness. Try warming the hand up when this happens. If you are a smoker you must stop to help this. If it keeps up get it checked out. ...Read more
What does it mean if i hold something with my hands my fingers and hands start to go numb. Sometimes my hands move like twitch on there own?
Carpal Tunnel : Syndrome can be a culprit as can pinching of the ulnar nerve at your elbow. In carpal tunnel symdrome typically your thumb, index, middle and ring finger are numb, in ulnar nerve entrapment your pinky and ring finger are numb. If your whole hand is numb it could be both or a metabolic issue like diabetes (most common). ...Read more
Supposing your wrist, for example is anaesthesized, does that mean that your fingers are completely numb as well?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when my lips starts to go numb?
- Causes of finger numbness
- What does it mean when the right side of your body goes numb?
- What does it mean when your hands go numb?
- What does it mean when your toes go numb?
- What does it mean when your big toe goes numb?
- What does it mean when your right arm goes numb?
- What does it mean when your lips go numb?
- What does it mean when your fingers go numb?