Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Kaposis Sarcoma
By definition, it is malignant (i.e., being locally invasive and at least theoreticlally capable of metastasizing), and arises from / mimics muscle or connective tissue elements that are not marrow or immune / white cells. The sarcomas are a tremendously varied and troublesome family of tumors, though thankfully less common than carcinomas and the leukemia / ...Read more
Purple bumps: In whites, it usually looks like slightly raised purple bumps or nodules on the skin. In dark-skinned people, the lesions may look more red than purple. They can also occur on mucous membranes (e.g. In the mouth). ...Read more
It used to be seen: In elderly men of mediterranean origin, a purple raised lesions most commonly on extremities, and it was quite rare. However, it became the hallmark skin finding in the early aids epidemic, as immune systems deteriorated, these lesion occurred all over bodies. Interestingly, as immune systems recovered, many of these lesion involute indicating a strong importance of immunity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
KAPOSI SARCOMA: KAPOSI SARCOMA ARE RARELY SEEN NOW DAYS WITH THE INCREASINGLY MORE POTENT ANTIRETROVIRALS. THEY ARE USUALLY PURPLEISH AND CAN OCCUR ON LEGS/ ARM/THORAXLUNGS/GI TRACT. THIS USUALLY HAPPTENS WITH VERY HIGH VIRAL LOAD &RNA AND VERY LOW T CELL COUNTS. IF YOU ARE INDEED HIV + SEE YOUR ID SPECIALIST & DERM. GET LABS RECHECKED AND DISCUSS OPTIONS. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when blood comes out your penis?
- What does it mean when your urine is hot?
- What does it mean when your urine smells like fish?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your nipples hurt?
- What does it mean when your hair hurts at the roots?
- What does it mean when your poop burns?
- What does it mean when the whites of your eyes are yellow?
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free