Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When I Wake Up Vomiting
What does it mean when I wake up in the morning and feel like vomiting but don't? And this happens sometimes when i'm ready to go to bed
Some thoughts...: The first thing that comes to mind is if you're having any reflux that's happening when you lay down. Often, if we eat too close to bedtime, gravity brings the stomach acid and food back up into the throat. This could cause burning and maybe some nausea. If it's persisting, you should check in with your doctor and get it checked out. Best of luck. ...Read more
Lots of questions...: You're describing bilious emesis. How often does this occur? Has there been weight loss, abdominal pain, or blood in what comes up? Ever had an ulcer, pyloric stenosis, gastroparesis? Maybe best to see your doctor at this point, particularly if symptoms are persistent or worsening. ...Read more
Sometimes: a person dry heaves when there are no more fluids to come up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to wake up choking and vomit?
- What does it mean when i wake up choking?
- What does it mean if my left hand tingles when i wake up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when i wake up every morning with abdominal pain?
- What does it mean when you wake up and your chest hurts?
- What does it mean when you wake up with bloody mucus?
- What does it mean when you wake up with a dry mouth?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free