Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When I Have Crust In My Eyes
Usually Blepharitis: Blepharitis or plugging up of oil producing glands of the eyelid which is stress related is extremely common these days. The stale oil is discharged at night and can form a crust on the eye lashes. Occasionally a lingering viral infection may keep a crust on the eyes. You should see an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
Can happen with...: ...Infection, or narrowing of the tear duct (dacryostenosis) - your doctor can tell the difference. ...Read more
Stuffy nose, mild cough, really sore throat, blood shot eyes that crust horribly over night. What could these symptoms mean?
Not typically: Many infants will have crusty eyes, especially in the morning, in the first 6-9 months. This is a condition known as dacryostenosis, or a narrow tear duct. Although antibiotics are often prescribed for dacryostenosis, they don't help long term. Signs of infection include fever, pain, bloodshot eyes, sensitivity to light, redness of the skin around the eye or drainage that is thick yellow/green. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What could be causing my eyes to turn dull yellowish red with hard crust in my eyes that won't come out?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when babies have crust in their eyes?
- What does it mean when 9 month baby has crust in the eyes?
- What does it mean when theres green crust on my eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a crust of yellow on a babies eyes mean?
- What does it mean when i workout and have veins on my hands?
- What does it mean when i have my period twice a month?
- What does it mean when i have sharp pains in my temple?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free