Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When I Have A Burning Senation In Armpit
Both!: There is no spinal or peripheral nerve that innervates that area! could also be cryptic psoriasis, irritation from underarm agent or low grade fungal infection. If it persists, see your doctor. You did not describe if it looked different. Oh yes, could be referred pain from your shoulder. But it would be shoulder movement related, not constant! ...Read more
Nerve pain?: Strange pains or odd sensations can be due to nerves being irritated. Symptoms vary a lot from person to person, so a primary care doctor can evaluate to see what is going on. Thigh pains can be from the thigh itself, or can come from inside the hip or the nerves coming out of the spine. Armpit pains sometimes are from skin rashes or skin irritations there. ...Read more
I have a burning kind of sensation like a scratchy feeling close to my right armpit at the outer part where the arm folds. On touch a little sore! ?
Eczema or intertrigo: If there is any redness or rash in the area, it may represent eczema or intertrigo. See a dermatologist for prescription treatment. Use dove sensitive skin or tom's of maine antiperspirant to minimize irritation in the future. Use unscented soaps, moisturizers and laundry detergents as well. ...Read more
Been using the same deodorant for years but within the last month my armpits have started burning when i apply it. Why?
new formulation: It is possible that the brand you're using has changed the ingredients in it. I would stop using it until your skin has turned to normal. You could try unscented almay. ...Read more
A challenging one: This is a tough one to try and respond to with just the limited information. My first thought might be something you are coming into contact with, deodorant, antiperspirant? You list "breast ops" in your past. Perhaps this may be due to lymphedema from those procedures. I would say you should address this with your doctor to start the process. ...Read more
Underarm Dermatitis: Burning in an armpit can have several causes. You may be irritating it because of your deodorant. It's wise to see a dermatologist and see if you have a contact dermatitis or some more esoteric infection such as Candida Albicans or a fungus on the hairs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when i have pain in the lower part of my pubic area?
- What does it mean when i have a headache on the left side of my head?
- What does it mean if i have a metallic taste in your mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when i have sharp pains in my temple?
- What does it mean when i can feel a strong pulse in my stomach?
- What does it mean when u have burning down in ur vagina after sex?
- What does it mean when you have a trace of non hemolyzed blood in your urine?
- What does it mean when i have a heart beat in my stomach?