Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Hemoglobin Is Low
Help!! What does it mean when you have low hemoglobin, low hemocrait, low mcv, low mch, low mchc high rdw, high iron binding capacity, low ferritin?
Leeding: Low hemog.Lobin is most often associated with GI tract bleeding disorders such as myelofibrosis where the marrow is fibrosed and not proucing rbcs can also ause this problem. One checks stool for blood followed by olonoscopy, if in the uppere GI tract and not seen on gastroscoopy, a tv capsule swolled and follwed on tv can frequently define a lesion in the small intestine that is bleeding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What does it mean when you first have low iron and low hemoglobin, then with diet, the iron goes up but the hemoglobin count remains unchanged?
Red cell indices: MCV is mean cell ( corpuscle ) volume it is the average size of the red cells it is used to study and classify anemias (low hemoglobin states) low MCV = microcytosis= iron deficiency or thalassemia normal MCV= normocytic= anemia of inflammation or malignancy =80-100 high MCV= macrocytosis= B12 or folate deficiency and others MCH = mean corpuscle or cell hemoglobin. used less. follows MCV ...Read more
Iron: MCV is one way of measuring how big your red cells are in your blood. Low iron is one of the causes of a low MCV. If the iron stays low long enough, then that can lead to low blood count (anemia). Hemaglobin is one way to measure or check for anemia. If hemoglobin is normal, then there is not a significant anemia. By taking iron, you can improve the MCV and hopefully avoid getting anemic. :) ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your hemoglobin is low?
- What does it mean when your oxygen level is low?
- What does it mean when iron saturation is low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your tsh is low?
- What does it mean when your blood count is low?
- What does it mean when your cortisol level is very abnormally low?
- What does it mean when hemoglobin is at 50?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free