Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Folliculitis
I have read that pityrosporum folliculitis is a chronic disease. Does this mean that treatments will be for a lifetime also?
Folliculitis is a condition in which one or more hair follicles are swollen. It can occur anywhere on the skin, and usually occurs when the hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing, shaving, or blockage of the follicle, and a bacterial infection may follow. Common symptoms may include a rash, itching, and ...Read more
Little skin bumps: Folliculitis is inflammation of hair follicles. Follicles are tiny canals that extend down into the skin, and many contain an oil gland, and a hair follicle.Men have more hairs than women. The folliculits can be caused by a bacteria germ, but most often there is no germ. Waxing, shaving and oily lotions can cause clogged pores and then inflammation, or folliculitis. It may itch or hurt. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wet shave: Look up wet shaving techniques. In addition to adding a little panache to your morning routine, you'll cut down on shaving irritation. Use a single blade, make multiple passes with good shaving lather, reapplied after each pass...You'll get a better shave with less irritation. Learning to shave with a straight razor has been a blast for me.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ingrown hair: Folliculitis centers around a follicle in which the pore is clogged with debris or in the case of shaving, a hair that starts to grow inward on iteself. The latter also clogs the pore, resulting in oil and dirt build up, bacterial growth, inflammation and pus formation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your period blood is brown?
- What does it mean when blood comes out your penis?
- What does it mean when your urine is hot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when a girls nipples stay hard?
- What does it mean when your nipples hurt?
- What does it mean when your hair hurts at the roots?
- What does it mean when your poop burns?
- Talk to a dermatologist online