Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Cervex Starts To Open
Labor indicator: You didn't mention if you're pregnant or not. A high soft open cervix is how a cervix is felt prior to labor. The changes give clues to whether or not you will be able to have a baby vaginally. The cervix starts in the back of the vagina, is hard and closed. For labor to start, it moves forward, gets softer and opens. The more the changes, the better the chances for labor & vaginal birth. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My cervix is still open after i had my son 6 months ago is that normal? Can u explane what it means thankbyou
Theres a tiny slit on my cervix but it feels closed unsure whether being able to feel the slit means its open or closed?
Cervical os changes: after childbirth. In women who have never had a child, the opening (os) of the cervix is round and usually very tightly closed. When a baby passes through the os and delivered vaginally, the cervical os is permanently changed, and in the shape of slit (bottom picture). If you are pregnant and have never delivered a baby vaginally, you should be checked by your doctor; otherwise, don't worry. ...Read more
I am on day 23 and i had my husband check my cervix tonight and he said it was low, soft and slightly open but my mucis is watery. What does this mean?
Depends: Women who have had babies before often dilate before they go into labor. In first time moms early dilatation puts one at risk for early delivery, but one still may deliver at term. If the dilatation is happening after 36 weeks it is of litle concern. Dilatatation in the 24-34 weeks range is more concerning for being a precursor to preterm labor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
High, open and wet: The cervix when you are fertile will be high, open and wet. This should be extra information to determine if you are fertile. In the situation where you had a miscarriage 12 days ago, these signs can be misinterpreted as the cervix can still remain a bit open from that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when one eyelid starts to droopy?
- What does it mean when the back of my hand starts to hurt?
- What does it mean when your skin starts to peel?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your period starts and stops?
- What does it mean if my cervix starts to open before i am full term?
- What does it mean when you start getting bumbs around your anal?
- What does it mean when my stomach grts bloated and i start vomiting?
- What does it mean when my lips starts to go numb?