Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When Babies Have Crust In Their Eyes
Caul: A caul or a veil covering a baby's eyes is a rare phenomenon. It due to a remnant of an amniotic sac and may people consider it a good luck omen ...Read more
Baby boy is a 1month+5days old and he won't look anyone in their eyes. Is it true that is a sign of Autism or Developmental delays ?
Concerning: Visual development in infants is stimulated by contrast, so young infants will often look at the edge of your face or head rather than the eyes, but some brief eye contact, particularly when nursing, is expected. Pediatric ophthalmologists can evaluate your baby for vision loss, otherwise careful monitoring by your pediatrician can help early diagnosis of autism. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can happen with...: ...Infection, or narrowing of the tear duct (dacryostenosis) - your doctor can tell the difference. ...Read more
Not typically: Many infants will have crusty eyes, especially in the morning, in the first 6-9 months. This is a condition known as dacryostenosis, or a narrow tear duct. Although antibiotics are often prescribed for dacryostenosis, they don't help long term. Signs of infection include fever, pain, bloodshot eyes, sensitivity to light, redness of the skin around the eye or drainage that is thick yellow/green. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby sleeps with his eyes halfway open and sometimes the eyes move back and forth, what does this mean?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when 9 month baby has crust in the eyes?
- What does it mean when i have crust in my eyes?
- When my baby rub her eyes in they are red around it what does that mean
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when babies rub their eyes?
- What does it mean when a baby has crust in there eye?
- What does it mean when you have yellow in the white of your eye?
- What does it mean when you have mucus in your stool?
- Talk to a pediatrician online