Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When A Thyroid Nodule Is Solid
My husband has been diagnosed with thyroid nodules which are solid and have micro calcifications. What does this mean?
Needs a biopsy: The most common form of thyroid cancer (papillary) has certain features on us that let us know if a nodule is worrisome. Microcalcifications is one of them. He should have a biopsy. Although thyroid ca is generally curable, it is a bit more serious in males than females and thus this should be followed up with a u/s guided - needle biopsy by an experienced physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends : It all depends on the size and if it is new. There is a need to do needle aspiration if not sure ...Read more
Right thyroid cysts. dominant mid pole left predominantly solid left thyroid nodule subcentimeter solid upper pole left nodule. what does this mean?
Thyroid cyst- benign: The nodule in left upper pole, which is solid in nature, did they do any blood test to r/o excess thyroid hormone secretions?Thyroid cysts are benign fluid collections most of the time from degeneration of cells (dead cells in a particular area). The nodule needs to be followed up to r/o thyrotoxicosis, possible malignancy. Fine needle Biopsy, Radioactive Iodine uptake study will r/oabove condns. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a thyroid nodule.A scan revealed that it is solid with irregular borders, and I have increased vascularity, what does this mean?
What to do if I have 5 solid thyroid nodules more than a year ago, what happens if i left them untreated?
Is a solid thyroid nodule considered hot or cold? I have a solid nodule but did not specify if it was hot or cold
Yes: Yes, it can shrink. Most solid nodules are adenomas and are benign. If it shrinks that is a good sign...It is .Likely benign. It is the ones that get larger or are large when they are first found that need closer assessment. In this case a biopsy may be needed to assess more closely. Btw thyroid nodules are pretty common. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when t3 levels are low on a thyroid test?
- What does it mean when blood is found in a pregnant woman urine?
- What does it mean when the thyroid is full?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when the soft spot on a babys head is raised?
- What does it mean when your thyroid is swollen?
- What does it mean is a babys fontanel is bulging when they are sick?
- What does it mean when a cyst on your ovaries is leaking?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online