Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean When A Patient Refuses To Make Eye Contact
Could be many things: Making eye contact opens a person up and that makes some people uncomfortable. There are endless possibilities why so guessing is not a good idea. The best way to find out is to ask but ask in a way that is not accusatory. Since the word "refuses" is used i wonder if you are frustrated that the patient is not listening to you. Ask the patient if they know they are not making eye contact with you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shy: I would say the most likely thing is that the person may simply be shy. We have all seen young children who hide behind their mothers legs and will not look at you. Certaninly other types of behavior can lead to this also. If a patient has an eye disease of certain type, such as inflammatory eye disease, they may be light sensitive and not look at you simply due to lighting situations. ...Read more
Probably...: But what does your pediatrician say?Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have a dot of blood in your eye?
- What does it mean when a teenage girl begins to cut herself?
- What does it mean when one eye starts to droop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when my baby makes a noise when she breathes out?
- What does it mean when someone is said to have a slow metabolism?
- What does it mean when a girls nipples stay hard?
- What does it mean when you poop a lot?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free