Doctor insights on:
Significance Of A Mole Turning Black
Have it biopsied.: Moles can be dangerous especially if their is a family or personal history of skin cancers like melanoma, history of sunburns over the years, moles with different colors within it, have an irregular border, or are itchy and/or have bled. Moles larger than 6mm also need to be evaluated. Please see your doctor and if any of the lesions need a biopsy then it can done. Better to replace a mole with a scar. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mole: A painful mole may have been rubbed or caught on something. However, any painful or itchy symptoms should be evaluated by a dermatologist as these signs could indicate a skin cancerous change in some cases. ...Read more
Sensitive: Any symptomatic (pain , itch, sensitivity, etc. ) mole could indicate a cancerous change . It may also be non issue . It is best to have a dermatologist evaluate and treat if needed. ...Read more
Most likely nothing: It is a good idea to have your doctor look at any changing skin lesion. Benign skin lesions can also grow and change. Generally speaking, if a mole is larger than say a pencil eraser (6mm), edges are not sharp and clear, scaling or bleeding, the pigmentation is not uniform or even throughout, or obviously changing you should have it checked. The doctor may biopsy the lesion if necessary. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your lips are dry and turn black?
- What does a black mole mean?
- What does it mean when your lips turn?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when a mole is itchy?
- What does it mean when a mole itches?
- What does it mean when cervex starts to open?
- What does mean when your eyes turn yellow?
- Talk to a dermatologist online