Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean To Scrape The Membranes
Vigorous exam: Membranes stripping is not as involved as typical internet descriptions often portray it. Basically the doctor places a finger between the cervix and the amniotic sac. A circle is made with the finger. This releases chemicals called Prostglandins which is some cases may possibly decrease the time before the onset of labor. ...Read more
Yes: An epiretinal membrane is a thin scar tissue-like layer that can distort the macula or cause swelling. Sometimes a pucker is referred to as "scar tissue on the retina", and "epiretinal gliosis." when appropriate, surgery to remove the pucker may be a good idea to halt vision deterioration, or modestly improve vision. Best to see a retina specialist for this kind of problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Encourage Labor: Your doctor may strip the membranes if you are at or past your due date to encourage labor. If the cervix has started to dilate, the doctor can slip his or her finger between the cervix and the membranes with a sweeping circular motion going all around the cervix. This releases prostaglandins and may result in cramping or the onset of contractions. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Membrane atop macula: Normally the vitreous gel which fills the eye sits on top of the macular (and the rest of the retina) with no direct connection. But sometimes, usually with age, trauma or surgery on the interior of the eye, there is a condensation of the vitreous gel edge in this area which can cause a wrinkling of the retina and visual distortion. This is an epiretinal membrane. ...Read more
Not usually: Everyone has a little fungus (candida) in their mouth. It usually surfaces as a problem (thrush) with immune system suppression (hiv, chemo, steroid use) or with antibiotic use. 1/2 hydrogen peroxide, 1/2 water swish and spit will often help. Dr's can also prescribe antifungals like diflucan, (fluconazole) or nystatin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to strip ur membranes in a pregnancy?
- What does stripping membranes mean in pregnancy?
- What does it mean to strip the membranes when pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when doctors strip membranes of contractions?
- Checking membranes during pregnancy
- What does it mean when the doctor strip your membranes while pregnant?
- What does it mean when the doctor strips my membranes?
- What does it mean to strip the membranes?