Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean To Have Mild Pectus Excavatum
I have mild Pectus Excavatum and the surgeon said that surgery may not help because part of it is breathing problems and part is affected muscles?
Pectus: There is a chest brace they can fit you in until you chest reshapes and this eases the breathing problems over time. Surgery is the very last resort when everything else fails. ...Read more
Does mild pectus excavatum usually start in the middle of the sternum, or could it be something else? My sternum is lightly indented midsternum..?
No: Usually not a painful condition.Get a more detailed answer ›
Ribs always flared but I thought it was cuz I was skinny. Gained weight- they still protrude! Is it mild pectus excavatum? Parents never said anything
Pectus evaluation: It is recommended that any pediatric or adult patient with pectus excavatum undergo an evaluation by a physician with expertise in congenital chest wall malformations. Most pediatric surgeons will be able to assess the patient and determine if any additional testing is necessary. Not all patients will need ct scan or cardiac imaging. Not all patients will need corrective surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- At what age does pectus excavatum normally become noticeable
- What makes pectus excavatum worse?
- What is the effect of weightlifting on pectus excavatum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have mild hypertension?
- Does lifting weights help pectus excavatum?
- Does working out get rid of pectus excavatum?
- What does it mean to have mild hepatomegaly with focal fatty liver infiltration?
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free