Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean To Have An Accessory Spleen
Lucky you: It's quite common to have a mini-spleen in the hilum of your big one. It's of no concern. ...Read more
My daughter was diagnosed with accessory spleen at 6 months, but had a normal spleen at 2 months? What can cause this?
Had CT scan w/ contrast in march & it showed no accessory spleen. Had recent scan w/o contrast that now shows an accessory spleen. Which is correct?
No difference: One reader of ct may have overlooked accessory spleen or splenule which can be quite small or did not report it because of lack of importance. The major spleen does most of work for body. Accessory spleen has very minor function. It's only importance if interpreted wrongly as some other mass or if need splenectomy and accessory spleen is left behind. In most cases it is of little importance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nothing: Normally the spleen measures about 11 cm, it is a dynamic organ though, can swell a little with activity, but that doesn't mean any particular disease, wish you wellness ...Read more
Check with your doc: There are many possibilities. Discuss with your doc. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have an incomplete right bundle branch block?
- What does it mean to have an interocular eye pressure of 22?
- What does it mean to have an enlarged liver?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have an elevated white blood cell count?
- What does it mean for an adult to have coarctation of the aorta?
- What does it mean to have an enlarged heart?
- What does it mean to have an acute fracture?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free