Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean To Have A Soft Bone After Surgery On The Bone
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
Broken tibia, no surgery - the soft bone around the break has all formed, how long should it take to harden/calcify? It's been 9 weeks since the break
Get re-evaluated....: If a fracture is splinted properly a normal bone repair time is 4 to 6 weeks. If you have not seen this result you should see an orthopedic surgeon. There are folks that heal slower. There are problems with healing like delayed union and non union. Your doctor can help you with this. ...Read more
I had orif surgery on my clavical 6 weeks ago, the break still has a gap in it with no bone growth. Is this normal and could it mean further surgery?
Puzzle: Clavicle normally not operated on. Gaps make it much less likely to heal. Talk to your doctor. ...Read more
Do cosmetic surgery has any mean to increase the bone size let's say wrist and legs bone if they are too tiny?
When doctor removes lymph nodes during prostatectomy surgery, if they are positive for cancer. What does that mean? Bone scan & MRI were both neg.!
Had knee surgery due to a fracture on my tibia bone and now That i returned to my normal duties my ankle is in a lot of pain and it swells up and it keeps me from walking . What does this mean what is wrong?
Depends: Recovery from oral tori surgery depends on how extensive the surgery is - a few areas or many? Also it depends on you capacity to heal. You can expect it to take weeks for initial recovery and then months for the bone to heal. Consult an oral surgeon for further details. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cant i be help for fast recovry after the surgery of navicular accessery bone?What is the fast recovery of surgry?
Follow surg advice: There is no way to significantly speed up the process. Everyone heals at a different rate. The younger and healthier you are in general, the faster you will heal. Trying to shortcut the process will make things worse. Follow the advice of your treating surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have a flat pelvic bone pregnancy?
- What does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs?
- What does it mean when i have a headache on the left side of my head?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when the soft spot on a babys head is raised?
- What does it mean to have rib pains after a small motorcycle accident?
- What does it meant to have an avulsion fracture of the cuboid bone?
- What are some good minerals and herbs to help a bone fusion after having surgery?
- What does it mean to have a small white bump on the face and its not acne?