Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean To Have A Enlarged Thyroid
Goiter: It means the gland is larger than normal. The most common cause of goiter worldwide is a lack of iodine in the diet. In the United States, where most people use iodized salt, goiter is more often due to the over- or underproduction of thyroid hormones or to nodules that develop in the gland itself. ...Read more
Many possibilities: An enlarged thyroid (goiter) has many causes and possible treatments. Is it causing hyper/hypothyroidism (i.e. Graves disease, toxic goiter)? Check tsh, ft4. Maybe anti-tpo. Is the goiter nodular or smooth? This may require an ultrasound, with biopsy of any suspicious nodules. Is it really big and impair your swallowing/breathing? Then maybe surgery. See your endocrinologist. ...Read more
I had an ultrasound of my thyroid and I was just informed that I have a borderline enlarged thyroid. What exactly does that mean? All my doctor said i
I have symptoms of an underactive thyroid and an enlarged thyroid but the ultrasound came back normal. What does that mean?
Thyroid levels?: An enlarged thyroid on exam is subjective. The us is better at asessing thyroid size and volume and to rule out other problems which sometimes can be seen on thyroid glands. If your thyroid hormone levels are normal, most likely your symptoms are not related to a thyroid problem. The normal us is reassuring. ...Read more
What does it mean to have high tpo antibodies but Normal tsh t4 t3 function? Enlarged thyroid-US heterogenous thyroid parenchyma with hypervascularity
Thyroiditis: You likely have thyroiditis (autoimmune)in its early stage and you need to consult your doctor for Rx and monitor. ...Read more
27 yr. Old, female. No thyroid enlargement or any nodules upon palpation. What could this mean? Can someone have hyperthyroidism without any nodule?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have an enlarged thyroid?
- What does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs?
- What does it mean to have a strange metal taste in my mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have a tilted cervix?
- What does it mean if i have a shooting pain from my hip to knee?
- What does it mean to have a lot of phlegm?
- What does it mean to have a dot of blood in your eye?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online