Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean To Get A Partial Hysterectomy
Depends: The term is not one we as medical practitioner typically use as it is ambiguous carrying more that one definition. Usually it means that the uterus will be removed but the cervix will be left behind. On occasion it may refer to the fact that the ovaries were not removed, but this is an unfortunate use of the term. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Need definition: Many people think partial hysterectomy refers to the removal of the ovaries along with uterus. However, the removal of ovaries is not part of the hysterectomy. Hysterectomy only refers to the removal of the uterus. Technically, partial hysterectomy really refers to the removal of the uterus above the cervix (supracervical or subtotal hysterectomy). There are several reasons for doing this. ...Read more
Possibly: Partial hysterectomy, or supracervical hysterectomy, refers to the removal of the uterus but leaving the cervix. Because the cervix can have some endometrial tissue which produces the tissue that is shed as a period, you could have light bleeding when you would normally have a period. It is usually so light a panty liner is more than enough. ...Read more
Not if tubaligation: Was done properly.Get a more detailed answer ›
Cancer: Make sure you see a gyn oncologyst. They are really trained, and will tell you exactly what you need. Cervica cancer early stages can be treated with surgery. More advance stages require only radiation as treatment. So make sure you see a specialist dealing only with cancer in the genital area. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Why?: You probably can, but why? Best not to combine elective surgery with medically necessary surgery. What if the rare circumstance arises where 1 complicates the other? If the concern is the downtime or 2nd anesthesia, then i'm not sure it warrents the risk of doing the 2 together. Hope this helps! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What do you recommend if I had a partial hysterectomy am now 40 years old will I get perimenopause?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to get checked for discharge in a physical exam?
- What does it mean when i get my period twice a month and my breast are hurting?
- Significance of a mole turning black
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have a bad pain on my side by my ribs?
- What does it mean to have a strange metal taste in my mouth?
- What does it mean if you get a sharp pain down your right leg?
- What does it mean to have a high cervix?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free