Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If Your Upper Right Rib Hurts
Doctor can evaluate: Up there are the ribs, the shoulder blade, the collar bone, the upper spine... All are connected and any of the connections can get inflamed and hurt. Other things are in the area too, such as the top of the lung, the nerves and blood vessels running next to the neck, etc... Sometimes, after evaluating, the doctor will order an x-ray. ...Read more
It hurts to exhale & I have a really bad sharp pain under my right side of my ribs, what does it mean?
Musculoskeletal...: The discomfort you are experiencing is likely musculoskeletal in nature. There are muscles, cartilage, bones, etc that make up your chest wall. These structures can become strained/inflamed with continued coughing. You need to have this cough diagnosed and treated by your doctor. Possible etiologies for this cough include bronchospasm from any cause, gerd, post-nasal drip or combination of these. ...Read more
Too vague question: It could mean lots of things.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your left rib cage hurts?
- What does it mean when your rib cage hurts?
- What does it mean when your upper central chest hurts?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your upper left side hurts?
- What does it mean when your right lower back hurts?
- What does it mean when your lower right side hurts?
- What does it mean when your right side hurts?
- What does it mean when your right rib hurts?