Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If Your Double Jointed
Loose ligaments: Being double jointed means that your ligaments allow more motion than other people's, i.e. That they are a little lax. Hypermobile is a term that physicians use to describe the situation where a patient's ligaments and soft tissue allow more motion of the joint than is typical. Often times, people without a medical background use the term double jointed to describe the same situation. ...Read more
NO SUCH THING: This term is inaccurate. More accurate to say that someone is "hypermobile"...I.E....Very flexible causing the joint to move beyond its normal range of motion, which may be an inherited thing from a family member. A connective tissue disorder known as ehlers-danlos syndrome, may also cause hypermobility. If there is a problem with chronic joint pain/dislocated joints, see your family dr. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Hypermobile is a term that physicians use to describe the situation where a patient's ligaments and soft tissue allow more motion of the joint than is typical. This increased laxity of the joint's soft tissue has almost certainly been present since birth although the patient may have just noticed it. ...Read more
JHS: Medical name is joint hypermobility syndrome. This is mostly inherited in female line & women can lock knees & touch palms to floor, oppose thumb to forearm, & put feet behind neck as children. Imo is conserved trait to impart ease of childbirth & by 4th childbirth often takes minutes not hours & more infants born healthier. Condition also highly associated with development of fibromyalgia. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when your joints ache?
- What does it mean if i have double vision?
- What does it mean if you have double vision is this a neurological condition?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if you have double vision when you wake up?
- What does swollen ankles and afflictive joints mean?
- What does flexing a joint mean exactly?
- What does degenerative joint diseases mean?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free