Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If The Fatty Acids In A Newborn Are Slightly High
Omega 3 fats: The most common sources of omega 3 fats aren't greens, but are fish oils. However, you might be thinking of purslane, a salad green which has 400mg of omega-3's in each serving along with vit a, calcium, potassium, & iron. Kale is a good source too. Brussels sprouts are also high in ala -- which can be converted into epa and dha if your metabolic systems are working well. ...Read more
See: New england journal of medicine article from 2006 under trans fatty acids and cardiovascular risk. ...Read more
Of course they do: They're the basis of fats, which are the nicest calories and the ones we tend to overeat the most. ...Read more
Quite a process: Hi. Fats (triglycerides) are broken down in the intestines to fatty acids and monoglycerides, emulsified in bile acids, transported to gut wall, absorbed, re-esterified into triglycerides, packaged into chylomicron particles, transported in intestinal lymph to the blood, then circulate. Lipases break down the chylomicron triglycerides, and they're taken into cells. The chylo remnant goes to liver! ...Read more
Common & very toxic: Most trans fats come from partially hydrogenated oils found in many processed & fried foods like french fries & donuts. Simply put, trans fats are highly toxic.They cause inflammation, raise cholesterol & may cause up to 100, 000 deaths in the us from heart disease each year. They also increase risk of alzheimer's disease, diabetes, obesity, depression & infertility. See my comment for some links. ...Read more
Storage.: If you work out long enough (more than 20 minutes), you deplete glycogen stores in muscle and start using ffa's as your bodies principal energy source. You convert more easily if on a low carb diet, since you burn ffa's all the time. This is one reason that exercise should last at least as long as 45 minutes per session! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if a newborn lips are purple or blue?
- What does it mean if you have a horrible pain in the bottom of your butt?
- What does it mean if the blood vessels in my head are inflamed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if a toddler isnt getting enough of the amino acid phenylalanine?
- What does it mean if you feel a pulse in your stomach?
- What does it mean if you feel a heartbeat in your stomach?
- What does it mean if i have a metallic taste in your mouth?
- Talk to a pediatrician online