Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If My Toddler Has White Mucus In His Feces
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
My toddler's stool report. Help me out. Mucus = present
blood = nil
occult blood = positive
rbcs = 8-10/hpf
pus cells = 40-50/hpf (it was 10 before)?
Perhaps nothing : Having mucus and your stool is not necessarily abnormal. This is often seen in people with constipation or irritable bowel syndrome . In order to determine the relevance of this symptom we would need to know if you're having any other symptoms such as abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, weight loss, blood in your stool, etc. ...Read more
Let me explain: A small amount of mucus in stool is usually nothing to worry about. Stool normally contains a small amount of mucus . Mucus in stool can occur with a variety of intestinal infections that cause severe diarrhea. In more-serious conditions crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and even cancer mucus in stool may be bloody or accompanied by abdominal pain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if my 2 year old has mucos in his poop?
- What does it mean if theres mucus in my babys stool?
- What does it mean if theres mucus in my babys poop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if i have white spots on my vagina?
- What does it mean if my penis has an unusual smell?
- What does it mean if i have blood in my stool?
- What does it mean if i have pain in my right side?
- Talk to a pediatrician online