Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If My Babys Urine Smells
Smelly urine is suggestive, not indicative for UTI, and usually results from concentrated urine, from what foods consumed, from infection / inflammation, etc. To verify it, do complete urinalysis with properly collected fresh urine. More? Go to http://formefirst.com/myths-UTI.html & other articles in the categories in Urinary Tract Infection-UTI & Urination Trouble ...Read more
Here are some ...: Urine odor and sense of smell are personally unique, reflecting what you consume - foods, drinks, drugs, supplements, etc. and how you perceive. It's okay to smell "offensive" as long as being comfortable in voiding and normal in complete urinalysis with properly collected urine specimen. More? Seek pro-evaluation and counseling timely. Best wish ... ...Read more
May be nothing: It may be nothing, and just a consequence of excreting a metabolite of something you ate the night before. Concentrated urine sometimes will have peculiar smells. Lastly, it could be a sign of a chronic infection, but this is somewhat hard to say without actually knowing what it smells like. See your doctor for a urinalysis if you are concerned. ...Read more
Urine is the product of the kidneys, which is produced to eliminate the waste products of metabolism, manage body fluid balance, &maintain acid-base balance. The blood is first filtered by the kidneys, and the composition of the resulting fluid is then altered depending on the body's needs. It is composed of mostly water, and breakdown products from blood cells impart ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean when my urine smells?
- What does it mean if my urine smells?
- My urine smells sweet what does that mean
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when a babies urine smells bad?
- What does it mean when my baby pee smells strong?
- What does it mean if your urine smells?
- What does it mean when a newborn urine smells?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free