Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If My Baby Is Shivering
Newborn response: The obvious answer is that they are cold, but if they are very young, under 3-4 months, they are likely having a moro reflex, a primitive muscle reflex where moving them a little bit or jostling them causes the arms, legs, or jaw to "quiver" as if they are shivering. Older children shiver in an effort to raise temperature, such as when generating a fever, so if they are shivering, monitor temp. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby is two days old and he seems to be shivering and random times. I know that babies don't shiver to keep warm, should I be concerned?
Lower body temp:ANS: There are many causes but the most common reason may be lowered body temperature. Other causes may be the autonomic nervous system. Institution of forced warm air conduction and warm body fluids may help. Some anesthesiologists believe Demerol (meperidine hydrochloride) may reduce shivering but this is debated. ...Read more
Yes: I have heard several physiological explanations. But without trying to explain things I do not fully understand, i will say it occurs commonly. ...Read more
??shivers/tremors??: A 3 month old infant will have a dramatic startle response to loud sounds or sudden movements. Their arms and legs will shake during movement as a sign of their immature nervous system, but this shaking is low intensity and similar on both sides of the body.It this is what you see, just discuss it at your next checkup. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I give my 3.5 months baby Gripe water 10ml a day. noticed some shiver in leg? is gripe water normal? what is its side effects?
VERY SAFE: Gripe water has been used over many years & it is simply a home remedy with no known side effects . ...Read more
My 3.5 months baby has frequent shiver in right leg and chin, mainly when sleeping. is this common or should i be worried?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if my baby is measuring big?
- What does it mean if my babys poop is mucousy?
- What does it mean if my babys urine smells?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Mother of my baby has bursitis what does this mean for future
- Mother of my baby has dysmenorrhea what does this mean for future
- What does it mean when my babys eyes a really watery?
- What does it mean if theres mucus in my babys poop?
- Talk to a neurologist online