Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If I Have Leg Numbness
Pinched Nerve: While there are many causes of leg pain and numbness one of the most common causes is lumbar radiculopathy. This occurs when one of the nerves leaving the back gets compressed as it leaves the spine and travels down the leg. Compression may occur due to degenerative/bulging discs or arthritic bone spurs contacting the nerve. See your physician if these symptoms last longer than 2 weeks. ...Read more
Most plausible cause: of your symptoms seems to be irritation of a nerve in your Lumbar spine, either from a disc herniation, arthritis, disc-facet joint complex, or some other space occupying lesion. Check with an orthopod and be examined and investigated, so treatment could be started. Good Luck. ...Read more
Two likely causes: Positioning of your legs could have resulted in nerve compression (especially the common peroneals) pressure of the baby's body during passage thru the birth can could have compressed the sacral plexus, a large group of nerves to each leg. Either way numbness can last from days to many months depending on severity. If in doubt about diagnosis, see neurologist and have an emg. ...Read more
Multiple possibility: I recommend you see a good neurologist. Ther are many possibilities, including spinal cord, nerve pbs, pernicious anemia, multiple sclerosis etc. Please see a neurologist. You can get a referral from calling your local hospital, or call director of a neuro ICU and speak to the director for the name of the best neurologist in town. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if i have sciatica in both legs?
- What does having restless leg syndrome mean?
- I have headaches what does this mean
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if i have black stools?
- I have ovarian cysts what does that mean
- What does it mean if i have urinary retention?
- What does it mean if i have a fatty liver?
- What does numbness in legs mean?