Doctor insights on:
What Does It Mean If Cardiac Output Is Low
Low cardiac output: Cardiac output depends on heart rate and stoke volume. Therefore, the cardiac output increases when heart rate goes up in normal heart. However, when the heart is failing the stroke volume is lower as well as the cardiac out which is called heart failure . Sometimes, heart failure could occur when cardiac output is high due to other medical problems such as a severe anemia , hyperthyroidism, etc ...Read more
CO = HR x SV: Cardiac output is the product of heart rate and stroke volume (the amount of blood the heart sends to body with each beat). When tachycardia occurs, the heart has less time to fill with each beat. When that is extreme, the cardiac output can drop in spite of increase hr. However, most of the times if heart rate increases and sv does not change much, the cardiac output will increase. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if your alkaline phosphatase is low?
- What does it mean if your hemoglobin is low?
- What does it mean if my body temperature is low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if your globulin is low?
- What does it mean if my blood pressure is low?
- What does it mean if your blood pressure is low?
- What does it mean if your creatinine is low?
- Talk to a cardiologist online